Re: [Devel] Synchronising Linux and Windows passwords

[Maximilian Wilhelm]
> Are you sure, he spoke about the local admin password or were you
> talking about SSL/TLS to encrypt the data *on the wire*?  I would be
> interested in any details about that.

We spoke about using /etc/ldap.secret, and he said it was a bad idea.
I agree with him, both because it will give anyone able to read the
file full access to the LDAP database, but also because it will be
very hard to make sure the file is correct across lots of hosts in a
large network.