Re: [Devel] Synchronising Linux and Windows passwords

[Maximilian Wilhelm]
> Then only PAM has to know the LDAP-admin-password (which is stored
> in /etc/ldap.secret anyway) Any PAM-guru here? :-)

I suspect we do not want to store the admin password in clear text in
/etc/ldap.secret, for security reasons.  Mathias Meisfjordskar (the
local LDAP guru) claimed it was better to solve this in slapd.conf,
without having the password in clear text.  I do not know the details.