Re: [Devel] Synchronising Linux and Windows passwords

Am Donnerstag, den 24 Juli hub Petter Reinholdtsen folgendes in die Tasten:

> I suspect we do not want to store the admin password in clear text in
> /etc/ldap.secret, for security reasons.  Mathias Meisfjordskar (the
> local LDAP guru) claimed it was better to solve this in slapd.conf,
> without having the password in clear text.  I do not know the details.

Are you sure, he spoke about the local admin password or were you
talking about SSL/TLS to encrypt the data *on the wire*?
I would be interested in any details about that.

Ciao
Max
--
Micro$oft Windows 98, n. - a belated upgrade to a 32 bit hack of a
16-bit shell for an 8-bit operating system designed for a 4-bit