Re: [Devel] LVM partitioning configuration?

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:37:22 +0200
Frank Matthieß <frankm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Petter Reinholdtsen [2003-06-20 10:38 CEST]:
> > I've changed all profiles except the standalone ones to use LVM on
> > /var and /usr.  We will have to test how that works out.  But should
> > swap be on LVM as well?
>
> No. LVM has a differnt partition type. lvm -> 8e, swap -> 82

Partition types are not the issue here. ext2 has a different partition
type as well.

LVM is a partioning "middle layer" making partitioning more flexible.

 - Jonas

--
* Debian GNU udvikler   http://people.debian.org/~js/
* Jonas Smedegaard +45 40843136   http://dr.jones.dk/