[Devel] I have a CVS problem I would like to resolve, quickly.

The cinelerra module in our cvs is in a damaged state
now!  The damage seems fairly trivial, but I don't want
to muck things up even more.
 So I turn to you for some advice.  And I would like to
get it as soon as possible.  Pretty please!

I wanted to change the default branch (the one users
get if the do a "cvs co <module>") to an earlier, tagged
version.  That version was the "vendor branch", which the
Cinelerra cvs developers wanted to revert to.

 The text below is a part of the version information in
the file
/var/lib/cvs/external/cinelerra/hvirtual/cinelerra/vdevice1394.C,v
in our CVS repository.  (I attach the whole file)

1.2
date    2003.05.11.21.06.11;    author minmax;  state Exp;
branches;
next    1.1;

1.1
date    2003.04.29.17.47.15;    author herman;  state Exp;
branches
        1.1.1.1;
next    ;

1.1.1.1
date    2003.04.29.17.47.15;    author herman;  state Exp;
branches;
next    1.1.1.2;

Notice the "1.1" section in the middle.  It looks jumbled:
The "1.1.1.1" should have been next to the "next", not on
a line of its own!
 What has happened here?  Have I provoked a bug in CVS?
Is the only fix to make a script that edits all the broken
entries to something sensible?

 I need to resolve this quickly.  The CVS is not really
usable in this state.  To check out anything you have to
specify a branch.  If you don't, you'll get an empty tree;
only subdirectories, no files!

--
 Herman Robak