Re: [Devel] LVM partitioning configuration?

[Per Andreas Buer, translated by Finn-Arne Johansen]
> From experience it's not advisible to have system partition on LVM,
> as LVM may get corrupted, and then you may very vell have a remote
> system with ssh and other tools not available.

Well, I am only aware of LVM corruption with ataraid
(<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/191362>).  And that is an argument
against LVM, not LVM on system partitions.

> Also /usr and /var on LVM may make it difficult to switch to LVM2
> (or other Logical Volume Managers) later on.

I've heard that LVM2 (the kernel implementation) is able to read LVM1
disk partitions.  Thus it shouldn't be a problem.  Am I mistaken?