Re: [Devel] LVM partitioning configuration?

fredag 20. juni 2003, 13:31, skrev Finn-Arne Johansen:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:38:33AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Right.
> > I've changed all profiles except the standalone ones to use LVM on
> > /var and /usr.  We will have to test how that works out.  But should
> > swap be on LVM as well?
>
> why not ?

Because swap areas are so easy to manage anyway.
As long as you provide the system with the amount of swap area it needs,
you can create and remove them to your hearts content.
You can have as much of a running system as you want. (Just expect it to
lag somewhat as you turn off a swap area the kernel is currently using.
It's got to move a lot of data.)

Managing swap areas on logical volumes is similar to putting them on
file partitions. It's easy to do and gives you better flexibility, but it's a
waste of good resources.

Harald