Re: [Devel] LVM partitioning configuration?

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 10:38:33AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Tollef Fog Heen]
> > I think you are right, and switching from LVM to EVMS should also be
> > fairly painless since the on-disk storage format is the same.
> Right.
> I've changed all profiles except the standalone ones to use LVM on
> /var and /usr.  We will have to test how that works out.  But should
> swap be on LVM as well?

why not ?

Yesterday, while testing some mkinitrd stuff, i bootet of the CD,
continued up to the point where the installer wanted to partition the
disk. and then mounted / on /mnt, and ran vgsan and vgchange -ay before
mounting the partition that was residing in /dev/vg_system/lv_usr. No
problems at all :)

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@xxxxxx