Re: [Devel] LTSP schema

Le mer 27/08/2003 à 11:59, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :

> I want to be able handle configuration like this:
>
>          - LTSP 1
>         /
>   LDAP -
>         \
>          - LTSP 2

There should be no problem to do that. As you can see in the Schema each
thin client own a ltspGeneral class with a mandatory ltspServer
attribute. You can have different group of LTSP server.

> Where there is no configuration on the LTSP servers, and they fetch
> all their configuration from the LDAP server.

In this case the LTSP server do a request to the LDAP server in the
ThinClient group of the directory where the attribute ltspServer is set
to a specific value. Is it what you are asking for?

However it may be better to centralize the generation of the lts.conf
file when the administrator modify the ThinClients group in the
directory, at this time the .conf file will be reupdate in the LTSP
server. There are other possibility as by-passing the lts.conf file but
this means patching the LTSP project.

I just realized I forgot to send the ldif file for the ThinClients
group, here it is.

Hilaire

--
SCÉRÉN
CRDP d'Aquitaine/CDDP des Landes

dn: cn=thin01,ou=ThinClients,dc=SambaEdu
objectClass: top
objectClass: ieee802Device
objectClass: ipHost
objectClass: room