Re: [Devel] Synchronising Linux and Windows passwords

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

And so, when you set this parameter to true, you get a lot of stuff in
a log file? I don't. I *did* read the man page and it said I should.
That's why I'm asking.

What version of samba are you referring to? Newest unstable releases
have lots of no-longer-used stuff in the default config.

2.2.8, a recompiled version for woody, made by the student project AFAIK.

If this version has changed its behaviour when compiling (I assume that's what you refer to, not the config file smb.conf), could you please be specific in explaining what options to give to make the feature work?

Ragnar