Re: [Devel] Synchronising Linux and Windows passwords

Am Donnerstag, den 24 Juli hub Ragnar Wisløff folgendes in die Tasten:

> I have tried to make the script run using the Samba macro %o (old
> password) and using ldapmodify  ... -w $oldpass in the Perl script. This
> works from the command line, but not when run from inside Samba. I tried
> turning on the

> passwd chat debug = yes

> in smb.conf, but nothing shows up in the logs (is that parameter
> deprecated?).

man 5 smb.conf
/chat debug

passwd chat debug (G)
              This  boolean  specifies  if the passwd chat script
              parameter is run in debug mode. In  this  mode  the
              strings passed to and received from the passwd chat
              are printed in the smbd(8) log with a
              debug  level of 100.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              This is a dangerous option as it will allow
              plaintext passwords to be seen in the smbd log.  It
              is  available  to  help  Samba  admins  debug their
              passwd chat scripts when calling the passwd program
              and  should be turned off after this has been done.

I'l play with "pam password change" also...

Ciao
Max
--

	Follow the white penguin.