Re: [Devel] Recommended mapings: æ->ae, ø->oe, å->aa

Am Sonntag, den 27 Juli hub Knut Yrvin folgendes in die Tasten:

I think, I got it.
So you want LDAP entries like this:

| displayName: Ragnar Wisløff
| givenName: Ragnar
| sn: Wisløff
| cn: Ragnar Wisløff
| email: ragnar(at)skolelinux.no

(As I do not store email-adresses in LDAP, I'm not sure, wether the
 email attribute is called email or not...)

This should be no problem.

> In a shool every pupil and teacher has an account with their real name
> «attatched» to their not-so-easy-to-get-æøå-e-mail-adress ;-). The
> address book in Kmail could be attached to the schools address
> book.

I you e.g. use mozilla as Mail-Client, you can connect to the LDAP-DB
an search for email-adresses.

I would prefer mozilla instead of opera btw. :-)

[...]
> This plan is also backed by The Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs
> in Norway.

Wow. :)
OK, so there *has* *to* *be* a solution for national specific chars,
I got it.

Ciao
Max
--
Thinking of using Win 2000 for your critical apps?
Isn't there enough suffering in the world?!?