Re: [Devel] Recommended mapings: æ->ae, ø->oe, å->aa

søndag 27. juli 2003, 16:42, skrev Maximilian Wilhelm:
> OK, so there *has* *to* *be* a solution for national specific chars,
> I got it.

Great   c",)

Her is one more letter from The Ministry of Local Government
and Regional Development to Microsoft. The main point is:

  I am deeply engaged in the mater that The Sami Language should be
  used in all aspects of Information Technology, says The Minister of
  Local Government and Regional Development Erna Solberg. - The case
  has been discussed at the yearly summit between the Sami Ministers
  and The Sami president in Norway, Sweden, and Finland in November
  last year. It is an agreement on Nordic level that the Sami Language
  should be a living language also when using Information
  Technology. It is important to influence the industry to make this
  possible.

  It is expected that the public offices arranges for all written
  communication in the Sami Language. Public information must also be
  arranged for the Sami people, as the public forms must be in The
  Sami Language.

http://odin.dep.no/krd/norsk/same/taler/pressemeldinger/016091-070085/index-dok000-b-n-a.html

The reason Skolelinux didn't received any letter from The Ministry of
Local Government was that we already had The Sami Language support in
Skolelinux, KDE, XFree and other places. Here is our answer to The
Sami Language Department (in Norwegian):

http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/samisk/samisk_parl_rad/svar_20021127.txt

- Knut