Re: [Devel] Recommended mapings: æ->ae, ø->oe, å->aa

søndag 27. juli 2003, 14:32, skrev Maximilian Wilhelm:
> So you want some piece of software, that wraps all the
> language-specific letters to ASCII characters?

No. As in your the e-mail you sent the devel.s.n-list, your real name
is written in front of the e-mail-address. Here is som examples from
the list:

 @->(at)
 Maximilian Wilhelm <max(at)rfc2324.org>
 Ragnar Wisløff <ragnar(at)skolelinux.no>
 Håvard Korsvoll <korsvoll(at)skulelinux.no>
 Frank Matthieß <frankm(at)lug-owl.de>
 Joachim Mæland <joachim(at)profine.net>

In a shool every pupil and teacher has an account with their real name
«attatched» to their not-so-easy-to-get-æøå-e-mail-adress ;-). The
address book in Kmail could be attached to the schools address
book. It's one of the reasons why we are so eager to get the
LDAP-solution on track. We have to take everything on step at the
time, but something like this should be mandatory at the local
Norwegian schools, even if it will take som development time to get it
out of the box. Here is the more formal reason:

In for the Plan for Norwegian lanuages and Information Technology from
juny 2001 The Norwegian Language Council say:

  The Language Council cant accept that technology limits the use of
  the language, or decides the development of the language, or that
  the industry makes solutions that narrows the users freedom tho
  choose.

This plan is also backed by The Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs
in Norway.

- Knut