Re: [Devel] info about cd production

tirsdag 8. juli 2003, 08:53, skrev Paolo M. Pumilia:
> Is Karmøy one of that councils? The Pedagogisk Senter of Karmøy is
> involved in our project.

It seems like The Pedagogisk Senter of Karmøy is testing Skolelinux:
http://developer.skolelinux.no/testskoler.html

This is volunatry and we have no resources yet to give them
support.

We are also coordinating our effort on national level with three
County Councils (www.ls.no), Norwegian Board of Education, National
Learning Network (www.uninettabc.no).  Norwegian Network School
(http://www.norsknettskole.no/) in cooperation with Volda University
College are delivering "starting with Skolelinux" course.

It's of great importance that people understand the architecture in
Skolelinux. It's here the surprises for the IT-teacher is buried. If a
school install RedHat or Windows 2003 they have to use months or even
years to get 15-20 standard network-services running. Skolelinux gives
the architecture out of the box with over 15 network services. The
server is installed in 20 minutes. We have installed whole schools in
1 hours with 70 thin clients when we have pxe-network-card on
identical clients. The stand-alone profile, and the workstation also
installs fast and easy. The man difference is that the workstation
connects automaticly to the Skolelinux-network with all it's services.

http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/innlegg/k12ltsp.html.en
http://developer.skolelinux.no/arkitektur/arkitektur.html.en

- Knut