[Devel] info about cd production

Hi all,

AICA - non profit association - is going to start a project to deliver
a bunch of educational applications to schools, through a cd support.
The project will last about two years with four cd productions scheduled:
sept 2003, jan 2004, sept 2044, jan 2005.

We are negotiating with a couple of companies, so i would like to
take skolelinux into coonsideration.

We need a special linux mini-distribution in which both graphical
desktop (kde as the default, and gnome) to run a number of educational
applications and network services (primarily the terminal server).
The network services alone or the whole linux distribution should be
installable on the local hard disk linux partition.

I think such mini-distro could be drawn out from skolelinux, by changing
or adding a few applications.

First of all, is there, to your knowledge, a business company that
would be interested to sign an agreement with aica to produce four
cd iso images and maintain the distro for two years?

How does it cost to produce a cd iso image?
How much to maintain the distro for two years?
How much to burn a number of cds?

Thank you

--
Paolo Pumilia

Coordinatore del Gruppo di Lavoro OpenSource di AICA
AICA OpenSource WorkGroup Coordinator
email: paolo.pumilia@xxxxxxx
cell: +39 347 2315 496
Website: http//linfe.it/

AICA - Associazione Italiana per l'Informatica ed il Calcolo Automatico
piazzale Rodolfo Morandi, 2 I-20121 Milano
tel. +39 02 784970 - +39 02 76014082
fax. +39 02 76015717
e-mail: segreteria@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.aicanet.it