Re: [Devel] Could we announce a developer gathering several months ahead?

Dienstag den 21.01.2003 um 10:57 CET +0100, schrieb Herman Robak:
> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 08:29, Frank Matthieß wrote:
> > Samstag den 18.01.2003 um 14:28 CET +0100, schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
>
> > > 26 persons are already registered, including one from Latvia.  If you
> > > want to come, please reply to this list and let us know.
> >
> > I'm so sorry, but it was too short from announcement to the development
> > gathering in Oslo. I have no chance to free this weekend for Oslo.
>
>  It's obvious that people coming from abroad usually need much more
> than two weeks notice.  Now that we have more than just a handful
> participants outside Norway's borders, some of our gatherings need
> to be announced several months ahead.
>
>  What do you all think should be the date and the agenda for a
> larger gathering some time in May-August?

If you think about european holiday's and prefer some day _outside_
holiday's, there is no problem ;-). September seems also ok.

With a cheap airline like ryanair it's not so expensive to go to Oslo.
The problem with that is to get the amount of tickets. If you annoumce
as ealry as you can, than we have a good chance to get cheap tickets.

If we going by car, we need one day to go to Oslo and one day
back(~1100KM).

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                    frankm@xxxxxxxxxx

     Digital Restriction Managment - Freedom for industry.
             Ross Anderson TCPA/Palladium FAQ
        http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
      http://moon.hipjoint.de/tcpa-palladium-faq-de.html