[Devel] Three profile install disk space problem

I recently did my first install of Skolelinux and choose to install the
Server, Workstation, and LTSP Workstation profiles.

Unfortunately, My 6.5G disk was auto-partitioned with just 1.4G for the
lv_usr volume leaving it 94% full and 660M of swap in a machine with just
48M of RAM.  I recreated my swap partition at 100M and tried to resize
the /usr partition with the new extra space with e2fsadm.  The lv is
resized OK but ext2online complains of 'freezing in kernel' while
resizing the filesystem.

I have two questions:
1) I understand that ext2online requires a kernel patch to work - was
this patch applied to the skolelinux kernel?
1) If I can't use ext2online, is there any way for my to unmount /usr so
I can use ext2resize instead?

Thanks
Andrew Malcolmson