Re: [Devel] Three profile install disk space problem

[Andrew Malcolmson]
> I have two questions:
> 1) I understand that ext2online requires a kernel patch to work -
> was this patch applied to the skolelinux kernel?

Skolelinux use standard Debian kernels, and these are missing the
online resize patch.  It is a pain, I know.  If you have any good
solutions to this problem, we would like to know.  Making our own
patched kernel is not really a good solution.

> 1) If I can't use ext2online, is there any way for my to unmount
> /usr so I can use ext2resize instead?

Yes.  You can boot the machine in single user, stop all services using
/usr/, run 'exec /bin/sh' to get rid of the last process using /usr/,
umount it and resize it.  I've done it, and it works.  I know it is
painful.