[Devel] Re: auto-detection of Graphiccards

Hi,

On Sunday, 9. March 2003 15:34, Martin Herweg wrote:

> [My first post on this list, so i introduce myself a bit:
> I'm a member of LUG Marl, we developed kmLinuxTSE,
> something similar to k12LTSP. In the future I'd like to
> contribute my LTSP Experience to the skolelinux project
> in order to make the LTSP Servers more reliable & "self-healing":
> kmLinuxTSE uses the tools slay and verynice to kill/renice unused
> CPU-hungry processes and has a script to prepare or reset a home
> directory to default-values]

OK :-). I am Andreas Schockenhoff from Germany/Hamm. I am a
Member of the elug (http://www.elug.de). I have a littel bit experience with
linux, debian, Knoppix, LTSP, fai. I like the idea to develop a free server
for schools, but I am not a teacher or something else.

> I noticed that on the Thin Client and on the thin-client-server
> the grapic cards could not be auto-detected.
>
> thin-client-server:
> onboard Trident Blade 3D, a VIA EPIA mini-ITX Board
>
> thin-client:
> Trident TGUI9449-1 (PCI)
Does Knoppix autodetect this cards correct?

I have a matrox MGA G400 (102b:0525) that does not worked with
skolelinux(P35) auto detection. (Knoppix worked fine.)

I do not need this in this moment, because I am trying to understand
how skolelinux work. This is only for information!

bye Andreas