[Devel] auto-detection of Graphiccards

Hi!

[My first post on this list, so i introduce myself a bit:
I'm a member of LUG Marl, we developed kmLinuxTSE,
something similar to k12LTSP. In the future I'd like to
contribute my LTSP Experience to the skolelinux project
in order to make the LTSP Servers more reliable & "self-healing":
kmLinuxTSE uses the tools slay and verynice to kill/renice unused
CPU-hungry processes and has a script to prepare or reset a home
directory to default-values]

I tryed Skolelinux p35 at home.
I installed one thin-client-server and later one server.
- They work fine togehter. I also succesfully tried an Etherboot
Thin Client.

I used the tool "gq" to have a look at the LDAP-tree

I noticed that on the Thin Client and on the thin-client-server
the grapic cards could not be auto-detected.

thin-client-server:
onboard Trident Blade 3D, a VIA EPIA mini-ITX Board

thin-client:
Trident TGUI9449-1 (PCI)

Both cards work after manually setting up XF86Config
and lts.conf

Greetings from Germany,
Martin Herweg