Re: [Devel] Klaus Knopper want's to support us to integrate his hw detection in skolelinux

At  4.03.2003 on  1:41 CET +0100, wrote Petter Reinholdtsen:

> [Frank Matthieß]
> > Actual we stay at Chemnitzer Linuxtage. We have asked Klaus Knopper
> > to help us to integrate his hw detection in skolelinux installer. He
> > want to support us via Mail and give all needed information for
> > that.
>
> It sounds really good that Klaus Knopper want to help us.  But I am
> not sure which problem it will fix to change our current HW detection
> system (discover, etc) into the one in knoppix.  Is there something
> wrong with our discover, or is the knoppix hw detection much better?

Wether i use knoppix on serveral pc's, nor skolelinux. So i cant say
something about the detection quality of both of them. That was not the
intention.

> Can it handle ISA cards?  I suspect it is enough to integrate the PCI

Non PnP Cards: No.
PnP Cards via compiled in pnp support.

> information from knoppix into our version of discover-data.  What do
> you think?

Also Klaus mentioned that. The important part ist the database.

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                               frankm@xxxxxxxxxx

  This is GNU/Linux Country.  On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.