Re: [Devel] Re: debain based schoolserver/client system

[Frank Matthieß]
> At this time i hasn't take a look to base of your system. From out
> point of view this is debian based.

Well, yes.  Skolelinux is Debian, but a specific subset of debian with
preconfigured packages and automatic installation.  Building packages
and CDs automatically on the other hand require lots of disk space and
some work to set up the required cron jobs.

> Out first idea is to customize debian with schoolrelated deb's.
> This isn't fully automatic instalables yet, but there is a good
> chance with fai (http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/), or the
> new sarge installer. The time plays for us.

OK.  Our approach is to get the Debian maintainers to change the
Debian packages to use debconf, and make sure the package is possible
to install using DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive.  This is a prerequest
for both fai and debian-installer (d-i), the new sarge installer.  We
are part of the development group working on d-i.

> I think i will first take a look/build in your system, before we can
> discuss about specific parts.

Sounds good. :-)

> I will need some day, because i actually in vacation.

OK.  I hope to hear from you as soon as you get back. :)