Re: [Devel] Backup-project.

Hello

This is my first mail to this list [1].

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 02:02:56PM +0200, Herman Robak wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 12:39, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:52:38 +0200
> > Morten Werner Olsen <werner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > This autumn I am going to have a school-project where I will set up a
> > > working backupsystem for Skolelinux. The requirements for a
> >
> > One tool I would like to have is a powerfull 'restore' command.
> >
> > User:
> >
> > $ rm some_good_file.swx
> > $ touch some_good_file.swx
> >
> > Ups....
> >
> > $ restore some_good_file.swx
> > Last backup of this file was done 2003-08-27 02:00:23.

I like this. What is the name of the debian package/URL?

>  Most users won't be using the shell, though.

Yes, but maybe we should improve restore with a gui and a webmin
interface and we shouldn't reinvent the wheel.

> > Of course all messages must be i18ed and l10ed. The major point is that
> > user can easily repair his own mistakes without calling a SA.
>
>  Just as important; the restore needs a pointy-clicky GUI, too.
> Maybe KDE's trashcan can be hijacked as a front end?

[1] about my person:
    I am a debian maintainer (grisu@xxxxxxxxxx) and I support some
    schools in germany. In the last one, we make a room with some
    Linux-X-Terminals. Maybe I will switch to skolelinux after the
    holidays.

Gruss
Grisu
--