Re: [Devel] samba, ldap, windows integration

[Vidar Bakke]
> Hi all
> Integration of Windows based computers is a absolute requirement.

SMB filesystem export and LDAP login on Windows machines are nice to
have features for version 1.0 of Skolelinux, not absolute
requirements.

One of the foundations of Skolelinux is to remove the need for license
administration.  The schools might keep their Windows machines around
if they want to, and we should try to make sure they can be integrated
into the Skolelinux network if possible, but it is not a top priority,
and not a requirement for the first stable release of Skolelinux.

I'm not saying we should not configure samba out of the box (we
should), I am just trying to make clear the priority of the task.