Re: [Devel] A new french member

Le mer 30/07/2003 à 16:27, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
> Welcome. :)
Thank you :o)

> Are you aware of the DebianEdu initiative which originated from
> France?  <URL:http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianEdu>
Yes, but not in details. I've not heard so much about it,
even though it seem s to be a very intersting project...

> If you want to translate the user interface as well, a good start
> would be to update
> skolelinux/src/base-config-skolelinux/debian/po/fr.po.  There are only
> 16 phrases to translate.  This is the text used during install time to
> ask which profiles to install.
I'm ready to translate everything you propose, but I'm not sure to be
able to deal with technical texts, as I'm just an amateur computerist
;-)
Concerning the base-config-skolelinux package, cobalco forwarded it to
me yesterday, and I was working on it this afternoon. I just need time
to re-read and it will be ok... The work that was done was good, I just
changed some lines because they sound a little bit strange to me, but it
would be great that another native French speaker can read this just to
make sure! I'll try in the next few weeks to find motivated people to
help us if you don't mind.

I just have a question: what locale will be used to display French
screens? UTF8 or ISO-885915?? You know that many French speakers have
problems with UTF8 when working both with Windows and new versions of
Redhat...

Julien