[Devel] Recommended mapings: æ->ae, ø->oe, å->aa

torsdag 24. juli 2003, 23:45, skrev Petter Reinholdtsen:
> For norwegian æøå, there are two competing
> mappings æ->e, ø->o, å->a and æ-ae, ø->oe, å->aa.

The best mapping between the two suggested is probably
æ->ae, ø->oe, å->aa

The first reason is that the letter a can represent both a, æ and
å. It's to simple and contributes to confusion.  The second reason is
that it makes it difficult to orient for people that are used to write
ae, oe and aa for æ, ø and å. It's the standard in phonetic
communication in multilingual oral environment between
telephone-companies, military and so on. For the third, when writing
ae etc., then we know what's intended, and that's a value for it self.

The reason is explained here (unfortunatly the first link
are in Norwegian, the second in Danish):
http://www2.hivolda.no/jpv/aaellera.htm
http://www.linuxbog.dk/signatur/bog/signatur-request-perl.html
http://turing.zblmath.fiz-karlsruhe.de/cgi-bin/cs/www_lncs.1.pl?LNCSintro=_

Some Exeptions for domain name: