Re: [Devel] Re: Three profile install disk space problem

[Andrew Malcolmson]
> BTW: I also did a Server profile install and see the same problem:
> the filesystem for the /usr partition is 91% full.  Looks like the
> installer is sizing the filesystem to take up only a portion of the
> space available in the logical volume.

The installer is sizing the filesystem to use the minimum required
amount of disk space for a given partition on LVM.

> I don't see this problem listed on the 'bugs to fix before 1.0'
> page.  Is this not happening to anyone else?

I consider it a feature that the LVM volume have some unused space for
the system administrator to assign as he pleases after the install.

We can discuss how big the initial file systems should be, and what
their minimum sizes should be, but it is not a goal to use up all the
LVM volume space at install time.