[Devel] Re: Three profile install disk space problem

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Yes.  You can boot the machine in single user, stop all services using
> /usr/, run 'exec /bin/sh' to get rid of the last process using /usr/,
> umount it and resize it.  I've done it, and it works.  I know it is
> painful.

Thanks - I never would have figured this out.

BTW: I also did a Server profile install and see the same problem: the
filesystem for the /usr partition is 91% full.  Looks like the installer
is sizing the filesystem to take up only a portion of the space available
in the logical volume.

I don't see this problem listed on the 'bugs to fix before 1.0' page.  Is
this not happening to anyone else?

Andrew Malcolmson