[Devel] Skolelinux developing gathering: Bug-squeeze, HW-testing and translating

The main goal is to squeeze bugs and get ready to release Skolelinux
version 1.0 at the development gathering during Debcamp 2003.  One of
the main concerns is to integrate the newly user administration tool
with the directory service (LDAP) and some other release-critical bugs.
http://bugs.skolelinux.no/query.cgi (chose «critical» as the
search-parameter).
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/delprosjekt/opplegg_utviklertreff_juli_2003.txt

The hardware

We have borrowed 3 servers and 5 thin clients from Cinet (a Norwegian
hardware vendor) and 30 recycled PC's from In/Out (a Norwegian broker
of reused PC's for schools and enterprises). The reason of loaning the
equipment is to get first hand on enterprise equipment. We are testing
the machines in an advanced and demanding environment with 120
developers from all all round the world. This is fare more advanced than
an average school-environment, and in that way we are insured that the
equipment works in the schools with a lot of thin clients -- and no
hassle.

From Cinet:

> 2 Intel 24 port's switches
> 1 3Com 48  port's switch v/2 G-bit sockets
> 1 Thin-client with PXE onboard network-card
> 5 Thin-client with PXE PCI network-card
> 1 SmartServe 300 (from Ulsrud secondary school)
> 1 SmartServe 120 (new model) v/Sony AIT-1 backup + 2 tapes
> 1 SmartServe  80 (older model)

From In/Out

> 30 Thin-clients
> enough switches
> 4 PXE PCI network card's
> 50 PCI network card's

The translating team:

The translators has a job to do with KOffice 1.3. The prerelease is
22. july 2003. This time it's relatively a small amount of translations
with 1236 fuzzy translations and 835 not translated strings.

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.3-release-plan.html
http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/nb/koffice/index.php

Sincerely Knut Yrvin