Re: [Devel] Re: about skolelinux - joining efforts?

[Aigars Mahinovs]
> Well, we had a problem with this here. We had some teachers of
> different experience install Skolelinux and the first thing they
> asked us was a way to control that automatism, like a question in
> the beginning asking "what priority questions should I ask" so if a
> change IS needed to the standart instalation procedure, it can be
> done easy by answering "low" or "medium" to the first question,
> enter trough the rest of them and change the option that has to be
> changed.

If you write 'linux DEBCONF_PRIORITY=' on the boot prompt, you get the
manual installation from debian-installer.

> For example it sometimes would be very usefull to be able to change
> the address field of the school server and the whole class from the
> default 10.0.1.1-255 to, for example 192.168.2.1-255 or even to some
> real ip's.

Well, sure, that would be convinient.  But it is not as simple as just
changing /etc/network/interfaces.  You need to track down and fix all
the configuration files using IP addresses as well.  This is not
implemented yet, so there is no use presenting this option at the
moment.  It would just make a broken installation.

I would like to get this working, but it isn't at the moment.  Someone
need to do some work to get it working.