Re: [Devel] Re: about skolelinux - joining efforts?

søndag 22. juni 2003, 09:41, skrev Paolo M. Pumilia:
> Further, I have teh following questions:
>
>  - Could european commercial firms be involved, to provide technical
>    assitance? That is, is there any proprietary appications added to
>    the skolelinux dist?

- Yes, European commercial firms can join. IBM, Linpro,
  Linuxlabs and other commercial firms are already selling
  services and other things with Skolelinux.
  http://www.skolelinux.no/index.php?menyID=10

- Yes, Opera web-browser are distributed with the CD. They
  have made a special Opera-version for schools :-)

>  - What is your added value?  Is it a special user
>    interface?

http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/innlegg/k12ltsp.html.en

And out of the box:
- User administration (web-min)
- Survailance
- System for backup
[...]

Not all this is production ready, and all help to crush bugs is
appreciated.

http://developer.skolelinux.no/index.html.en

Everything else is very well documented in out report to the that have
201 pages to The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research
and the different documents for teachers and so on:

http://www.skolelinux.no/index.php?menyID=6

>  - Would it be possible to include skolelinux into a knoppix-type
>    distribution, so as to be able to put together educational
>    applications in one cd?

Done already as an example:

ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/skoleknoppix/

Sincerely

Knut Yrvin