Re: [Devel] Is Webmin the main admin tool in skolelinux?

søndag 8. juni 2003, 14:47, skrev Andreas Schockenhoff:
> No usermin!

correct

> Can I download the new user-admin-system as a webmin module tar or a
> debian package? I have not found it in p38.
> Not found with: apt-cache search skole or apt-cache search webmin user
>
> apt-get install webmin-ldap-skolelinux2

check:
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/pool/local/w/webmin-ldap-skolelinux2

We had to remove the package from the "apt-get" because it had the
wrong version-number :( (We told the student the problem with not
using the cvs. Use of cvs is mandatory, and we thatched them how to
use it in the beginning of the project-period. We build debs from cvs -
and their didn't release the source-code before 14 days before
delivering the solution. This will have effect on their grade).

> I have found:
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/skolelinux/src/webmi
>n-ldap-skolelinux2/ Is this the module? I have download it. Works it
> fine with p38 or it is still under development? (Here it works but not
> so fine. :-( )

A lot of work has been done finding bugs -- but they are not resolved:

  http://home.online.no/~osmuvaag/wls2test.html

Every contribution to fix the bugs are welcomed and appreciated :-)

Buglist:

* New system for user-administration (version 2) (7 show stops)
   Made by 9 students from Norwegian Information Technology
   University College and Gjøvik University College. It needs
   a lot of bugfixing, integration and probbly future refactoring.

100 l nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW Misses a god enough
  user-administration-system
-- (19.03.2003) priority is increased to cirtical befor releasing
  Skolelinux version 1.0

209 l ole.dahl@xxxxxx NEW NSS-LDAP misses support for
  netgroups.
-- (15.05.2003) Versjon 207-1 of libnss-ldap is in the
  test-apt

213 l runesk@xxxxxxxxx ASSI LDAP/PAM sends password
  uncrypted on the school-net.
--  (23.05.2003) Newly changes has fixed this and ssl
  works ;-) It has to be rechecked ...

268 l eivind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW Hasent poibility to
 make goups of users (misses gid and uid)
--  (19.03.2003)  priority is increased to cirtical befor releasing
  Skolelinux version 1.0

258 l eivind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW Hasent webmin-support for
  filegroups in LDAP
-- (20.03.2003) Webmin-module for user administration of
  the users in LDAP hasent support for updating filegrups.
-- Hopfully Evind would program this (but we don't know
   if he has time enough).

330 l andread@xxxxxxxxx NEW Symlink from slapd.conf
 to slapd-skolelinux.conf isent ok.
-- (24.04.2003) should we close the bug, or set it to
  worksforme, or wontfix, or should it stay open?

 Bug 380 eivind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW webmin-ldap-skolelinux is in two
  versions.
--  (2003-05-14 22:08) It has to be named and packed right. It
  is problem with version-numers and so on.

mvh Knut Yrvin
elected project leader (for the Norwegian team)