Re: [Devel] Re: Translations of language choice, please

[Bart Cornelis]
> I could start a dutch translation (not sure if I have the necessary
> expertise to help out with more).

I do not know much about dutch translations, but I guess you should
find the KDE and Debian translators and join forces with them.  We
have a team of KDE translators in Skolelinux, working on the norwegian
and northern saami translations.  Perhaps they know more about how you
should proceed with dutch?  Herman?  Gaute?

> are the instructions for adding a new language on
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/oppsett/new-language.html still
> current?

Yes.  It could use some more detailed instructions.  I need the
following phrases in dutch to add it as an option in the language
chooser:

  Choose this to proceed in Dutch (Belgium)
  Choose this to proceed in Dutch (The Nederlands)

The current ones look like this (UTF-8 encoded), but I assume you need
to remove 'and press enter' to get the correct phrase.

  Kies dit en druk op Enter om in het Nederlands verder te gaan. (België)
  Kies dit en druk op Enter om in het Nederlands verder te gaan. (Nederland)

> also, appart from the architektur document, and the installation
> manual (on the skolelinux.de site) are there any docs?

Yes.  There are some course material as well.  I'm not up to date with
the status of the documentation.