[Devel] Skolelinux PR36 - First Try (failed)

Hi.

[My first post on this list, so i introduce myself a bit: I'm a Debian
Developer, and member of the LUG-OWL, one of the Usergroups which
initiated the skolelinux.de-project.]

I tried to install skolelinux PR36 to a Pentium166-Box and get this:

| ISOLINUX 1.67/debian-cd 2002-05-14 isolinux: Loading spec packet
| failed, trying to wing it ...
|
| isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.

The system itself is fine, it runs Debian-testing (until yesterday)
and booting with Knoppix (mid 2002) and Linuxtag-Debian-CDs from 2000
and 2001 isn't also no problem.

the system has a Phoenix-BIOS 4.05 and an Adaptec 2940U/UW/D
SCSI-Controller. hmmm... what else could be interesting?

To continue testing: is it possible to install a small Debian
$something and point sources.list to the skolelinux-CD to update, or do i
miss something then? (questions somewhere in the installer?)

Cord
--
Cord Beermann   cord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Privat)
Fachbegriffe der Informatik 73: "Datenautobahn": Einrichtung zur schnellen