Re: [Devel] (forw) [debian-knoppix] Nordic/Baltic version of Knoppix

tirsdag 18. februar 2003, 14:47, skrev Kurt Gramlich:
> dear friends
>
> perhaps off topic,
>
> but in Germany their are a lot of Schools working with Knoppix,
> has a very good hardware detection ...
> its a Debian System.

An American has relased Skolelinux as a Knoppix-version. It works, but
he told us that it needed more testing.

The new installation-routine in Debian was initiated by our
project. Autodetection of "everything" is one of the major
feature :-). Here are some screenshots.
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/prosjektet/driftshandbok/install.html

Some progress-information from the d-i-project:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200208/msg00004.html
http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=836
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2002/debian-devel-announce-200210/msg00007.html

mvh Knut Yrvin