Running Ubuntu 5.04 as a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation
WARNING! This is not official, just
some work I did to experiment.
I do not recomend to use it in
production. This is not a good way of doing things, It's just an ugly
- Jarle O.
Vågen, Tue May 31 2005
All below is done on the ubuntu
workstation, except the netgroup step which can be done from any
- Install Ubuntu 5.04
'/etc/apt/sources.list' to include universe
the 'libnss-ldap' package is in
- Run 'apt-get update'
- Run 'apt-get install
libnss-ldap libpam-ldap autofs autofs-ldap nfs-common'
I just accepted the standard
values in the configuration, since I'm going to use config files from a
Skolelinux 1.0 workstation later.
- replace the file
'/etc/libnss-ldap.conf' with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/libnss-ldap.conf'
- replace the file '/etc/pam_ldap.conf' with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/pam_ldap.conf'
- replace the file '/etc/nsswitch.conf' with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/nsswitch.conf'
- replace the directory '/etc/ldap/'
with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/ldap/'
- replace the directory '/etc/pam.d/
with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/pam.d'
make symbolic links for gdm and xscreensaver (tips: look at kdm and
- Run 'mkdir /tjener'
- remove the file '/etc/auto.master'
- replace the file '/etc/default/autofs'
with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/default/autofs'
- replace the file '/etc/init.d/autofs'
with a Skolelinux 1.0 workstation '/etc/init.d/autofs'
I don't know what goes wrong with
the ubuntu version, but the slx version works with slx mainserver.
- put your ubuntu workstation in the
workstation netgroup, using WLUS ('https://tjener.intern:10000')
- Run '/etc/init.d/autofs restart'