Re: [Devel] Samba

torsdag 5. juni 2003, 01:39, skrev Maximilian Wilhelm:
> As i did not find a discussion about handling Samba-support in
> skolelinx in the archive of this mailinglist, I'm interested
> what is actually done, what is planned with Samba and how I
> can help :)

This is a three-way question.

-- Skolelinux uses LDAP/NSS/PAM to autentification and
  autorisation. The LDAP-service should regulate
  print-quota's for pupils. It also support Mac- and
  Windows-integration with samba.

-- A total of 9 students has already made a user-interface and
  the underlaying service with LDAP-chema. It is crucial that
  the teatcher has a good and easy user-interface for
 administrating users. 2 students has done the Mac- and
 Windows-integration.

http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2003_NITH_brukeradmin/sluttfase/docbook.html
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2003_NITH_brukeradmin/sluttfase/brukermanual.htm
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2003-macwin-integr/

-- Strangely enoug the group that made the new user-interface
   for user administration dident use CVS befor the two last
   weeks of their project. Because of that the two students
   who made the mac- and windows-integration integrated
   their soloution to the old system for user administration.
   Thats becaus they dident have the code.

What has to be done to make this work propperly?

1. Fix the bugs in the new user-administration interface
(see the list I have translated from bugs.skolelinux.no)

2. Integrate the news samba-solution with the new
  user-admin-tool (the samba-solution must be mantained
  because it's a newer version than the version in Debian woody).

We have to prioritise. And the number 1. bug comes before 2. :-)

Buglist:

* New system for user-administration (version 2) (6 show stop)
   Made by 9 students from Norwegian Information Technology
   University College and Gjøvik University College. It needs
   a lot of bugfixing, integration and probbly future refactoring.

100 l nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW Misses a god enough
  user-administration-system
-- (19.03.2003) priority is increased to cirtical befor releasing
  Skolelinux version 1.0

209 l ole.dahl@xxxxxx NEW NSS-LDAP misses support for
  netgroups.
-- (15.05.2003) Versjon 207-1 of libnss-ldap is in the
  test-apt

213 l runesk@xxxxxxxxx ASSI LDAP/PAM sends password
  uncrypted on the school-net.
--  (23.05.2003) Newly changes has fixed this and ssl
  works ;-) It has to be rechecked ...

268 l eivind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW Hasent poibility to
 make goups of users (misses gid and uid)
--  (19.03.2003)  priority is increased to cirtical befor releasing
  Skolelinux version 1.0

258 l eivind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx NEW Hasent webmin-support for
  filegroups in LDAP
-- (20.03.2003) Webmin-module for user administration of
  the users in LDAP hasent support for updating filegrups.
-- Hopfully Evind would program this (but we don't know
   if he has time enough).

330 l andread@xxxxxxxxx NEW Symlink from slapd.conf
 to slapd-skolelinux.conf isent ok.
-- (24.04.2003) should we close the bug, or set it to
  worksforme, or wontfix, or should it stay open?

mvh Knut Yrvin
elected project leader (for the Norwegian team)