Re: [Devel] HW detection in Skolelinux and Knoppix

On 2003-02-23 13:31:57+0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

: [Kurt Gramlich]
: > dear friends
: >
: > perhaps off topic,
: >
: > but in Germany their are a lot of Schools working with Knoppix,
: > has a very good hardware detection ...
: > its a Debian System.
:
: Is the koppix HW detection better then discover which we are using at
: the moment?

As far as I know, Knoppix uses a tool for HW detection developed by Klaus
Knopper (the father of Knoppix). It is called hwsetup and might be
downloaded from http://www.knopper.net/download/knoppix/

I have not seen a pice of HW that Knoppix have detected that discover
haven't found.

Rune Nordbøe Skillingstad
--
«I came out of it dead broke, without a house, without anything except a
girlfriend and a knowledge of Unix.» «Well, that's something. Normally