Re: [Devel] Critical bug in APT makes workstation profile uninstallable

[Tollef Fog Heen]
> Circular dependencies are bugs in the packages themselves.  They are
> disallowed by policy, so the bugs in the packages should be fixed
> rather than changing one undefined behaviour to another.

I'm not really interested in why the packages have bugs.  I want
apt-get to behave the same way as dpkg, and that is handling these
dependencies when the packages are installed at the same time.  There
is no reason for apt to change behaviour just because the number of
packages to install change.

Anyone that is up to that challenge, instead of complaining about some
other problem?