[Devel] Re: Doc for Skolelinux

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer!

Le mer 08/01/2003 à 17:25, Petter Reinholdtsen a écrit :
> [Hilaire Fernandes]
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have installed a skolelinux server (sucessfully apparently).
>
> Cool. :)
>
> > However when I boot up a X terminal within the local network where is
> > located the server, the X terminal do not start.
> > >From the log, I can see the the dhcpd receive the request from the X
> > terminal but no more.
> >
> > I will badly need doc in english but I am afraid there aren't such doc.
> > Don't you?
>
> There are some translations available.  Check the archive for the
> english-speaking development list,
> <URL:https://init.linpro.no/mailman/skolelinux.no/listinfo/devel> for
> the urls.

> Based on your description, I suspect that you do not know that the
> x-terminal clients must be connected to eth1, and that the ltsp-server
> thus needs two network cards.  Make sure the server have two working
> network interfaces and try again.

Yes, I saw that. Then I changed the network config a bit as I had only
one net card (change interface, DNS, export, DisplayServer). Then it
mostly work out (TX going up the kdm dialog but I cannot login and kdm
was slow). Then I install something else (a plain Debian :) on the
server :( But I will play again with Skolelinux using two netcard.

> (And please join us on devel@xxxx)

Thank for the URL I will join you on that one! I couldn't see it at the
skolelinux web site, then I was desperate to find no suitable place to
chat about skolelinux :-/

I was believing Skolelinux iso was updated daily but the one I download
has old package (for exemple drgenius 0.5.15 instead of 0.7.1). Did I
fetch the wrong iso or did I misunderstand?

Thanks,

Hilaire

--
SCÉRÉN